Once you are scheduled for your procedure, you will be contacted by a nurse from the Center who will educate you about your procedure and may ask additional questions about your health history and medications. If you are unavailable, a message will be left with information to call us back at your earliest convenience. The pre-admission nurse is generally available from 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM Monday through Friday.
If your physician has ordered additional pre-operative testing such as lab work or an EKG, please have this done as soon as possible to help ease your preparation for surgery.
Day Of Surgery
Please help us to make your day of surgery as smooth and pleasant as possible by reviewing and following these instructions:
- Please arrive on time. Directions are located on the website, and your pre-admission nurse will help you with directions if needed.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight the night before your surgery, unless otherwise instructed by the pre-admission nurse. This includes water, food, gum, cough drops, breath mints, etc. You may brush your teeth, but please DO NOT swallow the water. Failure to follow these instructions may cause your procedure to be canceled.
- Please refrain from smoking.
- You will be instructed by the pre-admission nurse if you are to take any medications on the morning of your procedure. It can be helpful to bring a list of your routine medications.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing and take into consideration the possibility of returning home with bulky dressings, a cast or a splint.
- For your safety, please remove all jewelry, make-up and body piercings prior to coming to the Center.
- Do not wear contacts to the Center. If you need glasses to see, please wear them. You will be required to remove them prior to surgery so please bring a case to secure them in.
- Dentures and hearing aids may be removed just prior to your procedure. Please bring a case to put them in.
- You are required to have a responsible licensed driver to take you home after your procedure. Your pre-admission nurse will have more specific information for you about the Center’s ride policy.
- As part of routine admission, all women of childbearing potential may be asked to give a urine sample for a pregnancy test.
- Children are allowed in the waiting area only and must be supervised at all times. Adult visitors are allowed in the patient care areas. Because of limited seating, please limit your visitor to one or two persons.
- For your convenience, there is a pharmacy located in the building that can fill your post- procedure prescriptions. Please bring your insurance care and photo identification if you wish to use this service.
Following discharge, you will receive a call from the nursing staff on the next business day after your procedure. The nurse will be asking about your comfort level and well-being and can also answer questions about your procedure and recovery.